Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship
Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship in Bellevue, WA with Dr. Alex Sobel
Take your surgical training to the next level with a dedicated cosmetic surgery fellowship through AACS
Dr. Alexander Sobel is pleased to offer two annual cosmetic surgery fellowship positions that are dually accredited in Facial Cosmetic Surgery and General Cosmetic Surgery. Areas of particular emphasis include contemporary surgery of the aging face, rhinoplasty, breast, body contouring, and fat grafting. Dr. Sobel has been training fellows for 10 years and is an active diplomate of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS) and member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) and has served as president of both the ABCS and the American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery.
The fellowship is extremely hands-on and fellows are encouraged to treat the practice as if it were their own. Fellows are expected to actively participate in surgery as their level of accomplishment allows and will perform surgery under direct supervision and guidance. Further, fellows are required to actively participate in consultations, as well as preoperative and postoperative patient care. Fellows can expect an average caseload of 600 to 900 major cosmetic procedures, which far surpasses the 300 surgeries required for certification by the ABCS.
What does Dr. Sobel’s training facility include?
Dr. Sobel’s fellows will have access to:
- Three general cosmetic/facial plastic surgeons
- One general cosmetic surgeon
- One general cosmetic/bariatric surgeon
- One general cosmetic/gynecologic surgeon
- Three general plastic surgeons
- Two facial plastic surgeons
- One oral maxillofacial/cosmetic surgeon
- One oculoplastic surgeon
In addition to cosmetic surgery training, other subspecialty experiences may be provided as well. Our on-site library includes over 75 texts, in addition to journals and online journal access. Most surgeries are performed at Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery in our two-operatory on-site surgical suite. Occasionally, procedures may be performed at a nearby hospital.
Am I eligible for a cosmetic surgery fellowship?
To participate in Dr. Sobel’s AACS cosmetic surgery fellowship program, fellows must qualify for a Washington state license in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Primary board certification in General Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Thoracic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology, or Orthopedic Surgery.
- Your primary board certification must be granted by a member board of the American Board of Medical Specialties, member board of the American Osteopathic Association Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists, or a certifying board that requires completion of a residency program accredited by the ACGME or AOA-BOS.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons must have board certification or successful completion of an accredited, integrated OMS-MD program.
- Ophthalmologists must have board certification or successful completion of an accredited residency program required for certification in Ophthalmology.
How do I sign up for Dr. Sobel’s fellowship program?
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply to Dr. Sobel’s fellowship program online. A pre-interview by phone will be required once your application is received, after which a formal, on-site interview may be scheduled.
Dr. Sobel has open fellowship positions for July 1 & January 1. You can email email@example.com for more details.