About Dr. Alexander Sobel
Seattle Cosmetic Surgeon
Meet Dr. Sobel
Dr. Alexander W. Sobel is an award-winning, triple board certified surgeon in general cosmetic surgery, cosmetic facial surgery, and Otolaryngology who has performed thousands of cosmetic procedures. Dr. Sobel is the recipient of the William K. Miles, M.D. Award—given to the physician with the best score on the written cosmetic surgery board certification exam—and serves as the Past President of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
With a commitment to trust and compassion, Dr. Sobel not only delivers exceptional results, but also an unmatched patient experience that will put you at ease. Dr. Sobel begins his relationship with you by getting to know your aesthetic goals and how you hope achieving them will impact your life. It’s this understanding that will help Dr. Sobel work with you to create a procedure plan that suits you and your unique goals and body. Combining this approach with his skillful expertise, you will feel relaxed and confident through your surgical journey.
Dr. Sobel was voted as a Seattle-area Top Doctor in the Seattle Met’s 2018 Top Doctor awards. He was nominated by his peers in the medical community based on his demonstrated excellence in his surgical skill, his dedication to patient safety and satisfaction, and his caring, personable approach.
Dr. Sobel is proficient in all areas of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, though he has particular interest in breast and body procedures, such as breast augmentation, tummy tuck, or mommy makeover, and cosmetic facial rejuvenation through rhinoplasty, eyelid lift, and facelift procedures.
Dr. Sobel’s Cosmetic Surgery Experience
A Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Sobel has trained several other surgeons in the art of cosmetic surgery.
As a panelist in national academy meetings, Dr. Sobel has lectured on a variety of topics, including facial plastic surgery and breast augmentation.
Dr. Sobel has also published research on the intraoral technique of injectable fillers and autologous fat grafting (also known as fat transfer). This filler method reduces bruising and inflammation, leaves no injection marks, and increases patient comfort after the procedure. You can read his published work on this procedure in The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery.
Membership, Accreditation, & Board Certification
Seattle is home to Dr. Sobel’s thriving practice, however he has been recognized by a number of national groups. He holds membership in and/or accreditation by the following professional medical organizations:
- Board Certified: American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified: American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Board Certified: American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Physician & Surgeon, State of Washington
- Vice President, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Vice President, Cosmetic Surgery Foundation
- Past President, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Past President, American Board of Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Submission Reviewer, American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomate, Examiner, and Trustee, American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Osteopathic Board of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Chair, Washington State Osteopathic Medical Board
- American Osteopathic Association
- Director, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Clinical Fellowship Training Program in Cosmetic Surgery
- Program Co-Chair, World Congress on Liposuction, Chicago 2017
- Program Co-Chair – American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Annual Scientific Meeting, Las Vegas 2022 and San Diego 2023
- Adjunct Clinical Faculty – Pacific Northwest University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Sobel has hospital privileges at Valley General Hospital and an AAAHC-accredited surgical suite in Bellevue, Washington. Contact our offices and schedule a personalized consultation today!
Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery, Founded by Dr. Stephen Anderson
The high level of patient safety and care that makes up Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery was built and nurtured by Dr. Stephen Anderson’s wealth of knowledge, experience, and skill. Though Dr. Anderson is now retired, Dr. Sobel sustains the same philosophies and ideals to provide patients with safe, successful results.